Learn Basic Digital Skills
Fortunately for residents of Perry County, Pennsylvania, PCLC offers a free hands-on digital literacy course that allows you to learn computer and internet basics at your own pace. You’ll also learn how to leverage your new digital skills to search for and apply to jobs, build a professional online presence, and get familiar with video conferencing.
Once you’ve completed the digital literacy course, you will be able to:
- Identify and successfully use a computer
- Navigate and control the Windows operating system
- Use software applications like internet browsers and word processors
- Understand the internet, navigate the web, and send emails
- Avoid suspicious online content and identify legitimate sources of content
- Use social media for professional networking
- Search for careers and compose a resume
- Use video conferencing applications and attend job interviews
- Build a foundation for professional life in the digital age
Digital Literacy Course Overview
The course is divided into eight modules, covering:
- Computer Basics
- The Basics of the Operating System
- Using Software Applications
- The Internet
- Computer Safety/Security
- Professional Online Presence
- Resume Development
- Video Conferencing
Move at your own pace, build your confidence, and gain job-ready skills with PCLC’s digital literacy course.
Contact our office in Newport, PA to learn more by calling 717.567.7323 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.